It’s February now (thank goodness…. We’ve never wanted payday to arrive more), and most by now will have fallen off the ‘New Year, New Me’ wagon. We all have the best intentions but….
Mindful Chef the UK’s #1 rated healthy recipe box delivery service backed by sporting stars including Victoria Pendleton CBE, Sir Andy Murray, Tom Daley and Will Greenwood MBE, is encouraging the UK to forget ‘January detox’ or ‘dry January’ (which trust us, we have). Instead the healthy recipe box delivery service feels that it holds the key to a long-term healthy lifestyle, and a resolution we can all stick to.
Mindful Chef, launched in 2015 by Myles Hopper and Giles Humphries, offers a simple solution to healthy eating which can be easily incorporated into your everyday life. Offering 8 weekly recipes packed with lean and sustainably sourced ingredients delivered straight to your door (free of charge in the UK), they make eating healthily easy. Mindful Chef go above and beyond their competitors presenting truly healthy meal kits that include no refined carbs and therefore avoid high-carb fillers such as pasta or bread, which are still present in other “healthy” meal kits. Instead, Mindful Chef guarantees genuinely exceptional quality, gluten-free, dairy-free and locally sourced fresh, produce, believing that the key to a healthier life is reducing your intake of gluten and that refined sugars and refined carbohydrates should be avoided.
Each recipe and ingredient used is scrutinised by Mindful Chef co-founder, personal trainer and nutritional coach Myles Hopper. Myles works closely with highly reputable nutritionists and chefs in the UK to create imaginative, varied and balanced recipes. The instructions are simple to follow and the meals are easy to make; helping make chefs out of even the most inexperienced of home cooks.
Lizzie, a Mindful Chef customer commented: “We’ve tried a number of different at-home, cook-your-own, food services in the UK and US (Plated, Blue Apron, Green Chef, HelloFresh, and now Mindful Chef). Of all the brands we’ve tried, Mindful Chef has the best combo: healthy, delicious, and adventurous. We’ve experienced many start to relax on the nutrition (both with less veg and more tricks like frying, cream, cheese, etc). If you’re seeking healthy but still interesting and yummy, Mindful Chef has been my favourite to date.”
Natasha Cotton, a second Mindful Chef customer says: “All these ‘healthy food’ delivery websites that I have seen online have always seemed too expensive, too much hard work after a long day at work and just basically too good to be true. I looked into Mindful Chef after reading about them in Women’s Health mag and I can honestly say I have never looked back!”
Mindful Chef is not a fad diet. As well as offering a recipe box delivery service the brand works hard to provide customers and those who engage online with useful hints and tips focused towards living a balanced, mindful lifestyle. Customers have experienced health benefits such as clearer skin, more energy and the first steps to feeling more toned and lean.
The winter months can be a hard month and Mindful Chef recognise this. Myles recommends:
- Eat at home more often and get into the habit of making your own lunches: With 4 out of 10 Brits choosing to eat at home, eating in is the new eating out and it’s good for you! Save eating out for special occasions and make sure to set time aside to enjoy cooking.
- Avoid or lower your refined carbohydrate intake: Often found in foods such as white bread, white rice, pasta and starchy vegetables, refined carbohydrates are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream causing risky spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels. Eating refined carbohydrates in excess can lead to mood swings, weight gain, insulin resistance, heart disease and diabetes. Making small changes and switches to healthier alternatives can make a huge difference. Our boxes don’t contain any refined carbs and therefore avoid high-carb fillers such as pasta or bread. Instead we guarantee genuinely exceptional quality, gluten-free, dairy-free and locally sourced fresh, produce. Working with local, sustainable farmers in the West Country, the award-winning organic meat and fish included in our recipes are also stocked in Fortnum & Mason and Harrods.
- Meditate: As Mindful Chefs paying more attention to the present moment and our mental wellbeing is hugely important. Just ten minutes of meditation helps us to enjoy the world around us and better understand ourselves. Meditation doesn’t have to be done sat crossed legged on the floor in silence, try getting off the tube or bus a stop or two early and walk the rest of the way alone. Put your phone away and take time to listen to your thoughts, understand your emotions and take in the world around you.
- Exercise regularly: If you hate exercising then find an activity or hobby you enjoy that will increase your fitness without feeling like ‘exercise’. It could be cycling, surfing, dancing, rock climbing or even hiking, whatever it may be, make sure you enjoy it and you will reap the rewards before you know it. Better yet, encourage a friend to join you and you’re more likely to stick to it beyond January. If you don’t like the gym or aren’t sure what exercise to do take a look at this easy workout plan you can do at home: http://blog.mindfulchef.com/3-workouts-to-do-at-home/
- Switch off: 73% of Brits say they’d struggle to go a day without checking their phone or computer. We understand how useful technology can be but switching off can be just as beneficial. Make sure to eat lunch away from your desk and take an hour or two a day to switch off completely. Doing so will aid sleep, reduce stress levels and make time for reconnecting with those around you.