KBC Bank Ireland and WellFest have announced a new 30-day wellness programme created and led by performance psychologist Gerry Hussey; best-selling cookery author and healthy food and lifestyle enthusiast Roz Purcell; and Dublin GAA player and fitness entrepreneur Philly McMahon.
WellGood is a completely free 30-day plan, featuring tips on nutrition, mindset, exercise and more beginning on 3rd April. The programme will provide easy-to-follow tools and techniques to build on the fundamentals of wellness. All programme content will be available through the wellfest.ie website, including video recordings, podcasts, recipes and fitness plans from Gerry Hussey, Roz Purcell and Philly McMahon.
Followers will be set simple challenges to help reinforce what they have learned each week, and to affect positive change. The core concept of the programme is that, by spending just 20 minutes a day on wellness, people can significantly improve their physical and mental health.
In addition to the programme, WellGood will see a see a series of pop-up events taking place in different locations around Ireland. Three free events run by the ambassadors will give participants a chance to take part and learn more about a particular aspect of wellness: The events are:
- Philly McMahon – Move Better with Philly McMahon. Fitness and mobility pop-up event in Dublin.
- Roz Purcell – Learn to cook, The Natural Born Feeder way. Foodie pop-up event with cooking demo and talk in Cork.
- Gerry Hussey – Awaken your Spirit and unlock your True potential with Gerry Hussey, The Awakening. Mindfulness and motivational pop-up event in Galway.
Roz Purcell and Gerry Hussey have also been announced in the star-studded line-up for WellFest 2018. With KBC as presenting partner for the second year running, WellFest will take place in the new location of The Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin 8 on 12th and 13th May.
At today’s WellGood launch, Anthony Kelly, Co-founder of WellFest, said “We are delighted to be able to bring this free online programme to the public. We want to reinforce that focusing on their wellbeing can be achieved through simple changes in your daily routine.
“The purpose of WellGood is to reinforce the fundamentals and explain that wellness does not have to be expensive, difficult to understand or time-consuming. Small changes every day to mindset, fitness and food can make a big difference to your own wellbeing and also to the wellbeing of the people around you!”
Aidan Power, Director of Customer, Brand and Marketing at KBC Bank Ireland, said: “KBC is delighted to partner with WellFest for a second year and to announce expansion of our support to include the 30-day WellGood programme. Our aim is to bring a wealth of knowledge across nutrition, mental health and fitness to a broader community beyond the festival itself.
“We understand how important wellbeing is to our customers and the communities we live and work in. We also believe that KBC has an active role to play in helping people access initiatives as inspiring as WellFest.”
This year’s star-studded line-up features the following, with more acts still to be announced:
- Presenter turned fitness guru and the UK’s number 1 fitness DVD franchise, Davina McCall
- ‘Lean in 15’ famed Joe Wicks, aka The Body Coach
- Best-selling author and entrepreneur Ella Mills, founder of Deliciously Ella
- Hollywood celebrity trainer of E!’s ‘Revenge Body’, Simone de la Rue aka Body by Simone
- Personal trainer and fitness influencer Bradley Simmonds
- London based doctor, personal trainer and best-selling author Hazel Wallace, best-known as The Food Medic
- Faisal Abdalla Mr PMA
- Yoga teacher, personal trainer, author and creator of the Vertue Method, Shona Vertue
- Personal trainer and model Toby Huntington-Whiteley
- Nutritional health coach and cookery author, Madeleine Shaw
- Personal trainer and best-selling author Alice Liveing (formerly known as Clean Eating Alice)
- Yoga sensations Patrick Beach, Move Yo Asana and Julie Montagu
- Best-selling cookery author and healthy food and lifestyle enthusiast Roz Purcell
- Performance psychologist Gerry Hussey
- London Harley Street nutritionist and cookery author Rhiannon Lambert
- BOSH! vegan bloggers
- GP Rupy Aujla of The Doctor’s Kitchen