After overindulging on sweets, cakes and food over Christmas, the New Year is the perfect time to start a healthy new lifestyle. Make sure you kick-start your clean-living diet with the George Foreman 5 Portion Family Grill & Melt, RRP €99.99. This George Foreman grill is the fast food solution without the guilt as the heated plates are designed to channel away excess fat into removable trays to reduce the fat content of food by up to 42%. The 5 Portion Family Grill is perfect for preparing healthier and convenient meals and snacks for you and all the family. (Check out our recipe below).
George Foreman Grills are available nationwide from independent Irish electrical retailers.
Recommended Recipe: Healthy Pizza Pitta Pockets (A kids favourite)
- 2 small wholemeal pitta breads
- ¼ small onion thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sweetcorn
- Small piece green pepper diced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 slices lean ham or sliced turkey cut into strips
- 50g reduced fat mozzarella
- Slit open one side of the pitta breads and spread the tomato puree over the pitta breads.
- In a bowl combine the thinly sliced onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, ham or turkey, cheese & herbs together with the olive oil and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the two pitta pockets and place on a hot grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes until fully heated and the cheese has melted.