Joe Wicks, the man behind the Lean In 15 phenomenon; healthy eating enthusiasts and bestselling authors The Happy Pear; and John Kavanagh, coach to Conor McGregor; have been announced for WellFest 2017.
Taking place on 6th and 7th May in Dublin’s Herbert Park, WellFest is Ireland’s only health, fitness and wellness festival. The star-studded line-up for the 2017 event was revealed today (27.02.17), along with details of new features for families and foodies. Alongside The Body Coach, Coach Kavanagh and The Happy Pear, the two-day festival will feature:
- Instagram yoga sensations The Southern Yogi and GypsyOn, both travelling to Ireland from the US to present at WellFest.
- Performance coach and All-Star winning Gaelic footballer Enda McNulty.
- UK fitness and health stars Shona Vertue and Naturally Sassy.
- London based PT and Doctor, The Food Medic.
- Healthy eating guru and founder of Natural Born Feeder Roz Purcell.
- Svava Sigbertsdottir, inventor of The Viking Method, a multi-disciplinary fitness regime.
- Juliet Murrell, founder of London’s House of Voga, where classes combine traditional yoga with “voguing” dance moves.
- Leading personal trainers Pat Divilly and Dominic Munnelly.
- Athlete and ‘Fit Foodie’ author Derval O’Rourke.
- Kathryn Thomas, TV presenter and founder of Pure Results Bootcamp.
- Multi-award winning dermal facialist and skin lecturer Jennifer Rock, aka “The Skin Nerd”.
- Barry’s Bootcamp Master Trainer Faisal.
- Siobhán O’Hagan, PT and Online Coach.
New Additions for Families and Foodies
Two new features at WellFest this year will be WellKids and WellFood. WellKids will offer a younger audience the chance to try different forms of exercise, yoga and mindfulness. Partnership classes will also be on offer, allowing children and their parents or guardians to partner up and try out new activities together.
WellFood, meanwhile, will be an expanded food space dedicated to cooking and healthy food demonstration. All weekend, top chefs, nutritionists, and famous foodies will lead cooking demonstrations where attendees can participate and learn about healthy eating.
Strongest Line-Up to Date
Speaking at the launch of the festival programme, WellFest Co-Founder Katie Ryan said this is the festival’s strongest line-up yet.
“We’re bringing together some of the biggest names in the health, fitness and wellness industries for WellFest 2017,” she said. “The festival is now in its third year, and is established as a ‘must-attend’ event for those with an interest in their personal fitness and health.
“We’ve been able to attract a star-studded line-up for May, featuring some of the most exciting health and fitness experts from Ireland and abroad. We’ve also taken on board feedback from previous years to introduce new features such as our family-focused area, WellKids, and our expanded food space, WellFood. People can come along for the weekend and make a real family occasion of it, taking a break from fitness activities to enjoy some delicious food and family fun.”
Festival Sponsors: KBC
KBC are on board this year as headline sponsor for WellFest. At today’s launch, Aidan Power, Director of Customer Brand and Marketing said “KBC is delighted to partner with Wellfest this year. As the Bank of You, we understand how important health and wellbeing is to our customers, colleagues and the communities we live and work in. We also understand that KBC has an active role to play in helping people to access initiatives as empowering as Wellfest. There’s a fantastic programme in place to bring people together for a common purpose, and we can’t wait to see the many benefits that unfold for all involved.”
Tickets for the festival are on sale now on www.wellfest.ie.
Follow WellFest online:
- Twitter: @WellFestIrl
- Instagram: @WellFestIrl
- Snapchat: @wellfest
- Facebook: facebook.com/WellFestIrl