Are you ready for the ‘Summer of Sport’?
Global sportswear brand, adidas, and international publisher of video games, 505 Games, brings the long-awaited adidas miCoach console game to aspiring athletes on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Sony’s PlayStation®3 across Europe from today.
adidas miCoach, delivers a feature-rich, sports-specific approach to home console training systems and offers unparalleled connectivity, further enabling the millions of people worldwide who interact with the miCoach system through mobile apps and micoach.com to extend their training programme into their living rooms.
Boasting full motion-controlled support and complete optical body tracking with PlayStation®Move and the Kinect™ for Xbox 360 sensor, players can train alongside their sports heroes with over 400 exercises dedicated to optimising fitness levels for particular sports activities and add their achievements in the game to their existing miCoach exercise regime. PlayStation®3 users can also benefit from full USB heart rate monitor support for a truly complete picture of their performance.
miCoach features 18 of adidas’ globally recognised athletes across 6 different sports on-disc and via downloadable content; including Kaka, Manuel Neuer, Jessica Ennis, Ana Ivanovic, Will Genia and Ma’a Nonu for you to train side by side with.
In addition to training alongside players, every athlete presents a master class specific to their sport and there’s a special bonus master class from the manager of current La Liga Champions, Real Madrid’s, Jose Mourinho.
Simon Drabble, Director of miCoach business unit for adidas said “we are very excited to be bringing the miCoach console game to market, allowing you to train alongside your own heroes in a fun and engaging way. “We’re taking our successful miCoach platform and broadening its reach to an even larger audience, by combining console technology and training for sports. This supports everybody to become better athletes, regardless of their fitness level.”
Tim Woodley, Head of Global Brand at 505 Games said “It’s been fantastic to partner with such a globally recognisable brand as adidas and on as ground breaking a product as adidas miCoach. We’ve seen athletes of all levels respond to how complete and; literally; exhaustive, the training offered by miCoach is and can’t wait to hear how consumers benefit from adding the game to their existing training schedule”
“Bringing something truly new to the sports training and fitness segment on consoles, integrating it into the wider miCoach eco-system and capitalising on a packed summer of sport in 2012 is just the start of a great relationship.”
The miCoach game has been in development for one and half years with UK developer Chromativity (formerly Lightning Fish Games) under exclusive license from adidas.
About adidas miCoach
The first ever title which provides sportsmen and women with an authentic and authorised technical sports-training programme, miCoach brings a whole new level of interactivity to your training regime.
Train in the comfort of your own home with an all-star training team from your favourite sport. Earn Fit Points and awards for every bit of exercise you do. Train at home, in the gym and outdoors, tracked by the latest motion tracking technology and portable fitness hardware. Wake up to a whole new community of friends and
social network updates. It’s your exercise world, perfectly synced from your console, via the web or via your smartphone.
- Sports-specific training with your sporting heroes: 18 total on-disc and via DLC, including Kaka, Dwight Howard, Manuel Neuer, Jessica Ennis, Jose Mourinho, Ana Ivanovic, Will Genia and Eric Berry
- Non-sports specific training in Men’s Training, Women’s Training, or Getting Started categories
- 400+ exercises
- Full body optical tracking
- Access everywhere: view stats, log activity and manage schedules and plans from web-capable devices
- Everything counts: log all your activity from jogging to playing soccer in the park, and rack up points and achievements
- Add a cardio program using the adidas miCoach smartphone app, Pacer unit or miCoach SPEED_CELL (sold separately)
- Conditioning Workouts: unique, console-only workouts that provide an intense cardiovascular workout in your own home
- Automatically share your progress via miCoach.com
- Support for DLC: customise miCoach with your favourite sports stars, new workouts and new Sports
- Master classes: Get better at your sport by seeing how your heroes line up a free throw, shoot a penalty or maintain proper form over the last mile of a marathon
- Training Games: Move around your living room with fun sport-related games that hone your reaction times and work up a sweat
· Supports dumbbells and stability ball