Events for 15 October Breast Health Day are taking place in the following locations (by county):
1. CLARE: Shannon FRC, Respond Centre, Riveanna View, Shannon: (061-707600): 2 guest speakers giving talks on “Importance of Breastcheck” & “Breast Awareness” followed by general dance session, 10-12.30pm.
- CORK: Curves, The Boys Club, Church Rd, Bantry (027-20222): All day exercise session open to all female members/friends and from 6-8pm open to male partners/friends.
- DONEGAL: (Weds 21 October) Family Resource Centre, Eskeside Bungalow, New Row, Donegal Town (074-9725337): Walk and coffee morning at Centre starting at 10am.
- DUBLIN: (Blanchardstown) Mountview Resource Centre, 11 Whitechapel Crescent, Mountview, Blanchardstown (01-…): Information session around light exercise and nutrition 10-4pm at Centre.
- DUBLIN: (Rialto) (Weds 14 October): Fatima Groups United, F2 Centre, 3 Reuben Plaza, Rialto, Dublin 8 (01-…): Health morning drop-in at Centre with Keep Fit and some nice food! (This will be a regular weekly event)
- DUBLIN: (Stephen’s Green): Join us, Europa Donna Ireland, for a walk around the Green.Generously supported by Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, while stocks last! Meet at the Summer House at 12.30!
- DUBLIN: (Stoneybatter): An Siol CDP, is running a “juice and exercise hour” from 12.30 – 1.30 in Aughrim Street Parish Centre. The purpose of the day is to make the link with health living and reducing the risk of breast cancer with some useful exercise tips.
- DUBLIN: (Sunday 18th October) (Howth): Deer Park Hotel and Healthpro will be co-hosting “Taking Steps to Reduce the Risks of Cancer”. This walk will start and finish at the Deer Park Hotel Golf and Spa, Howth, Co. Dublin at 2pm. Refreshments will follow the walk at the Deer Park Hotel. The walk is to promote awareness of both breast cancer and prostate cancer. This day is promoting the fact that your lifestyle reflects your health. Please register in advance with Antoinette ( firstname.lastname@example.org 087 9258339 ) or Harriette ( email@example.com 086… )
- DUBLIN: (Glasnevin/Drumcondra): Walk – meet Mobhi Road end of Griffith Avenue at 8.30 pm for a walk – approximately 1 hour. Contact Nora on 01-7978995 or 086 3733615.
10. DUBLIN: (Wednesday 21 October) (Crumlin/Drimnagh) Information session on breast cancer and cervical screening, followed by gentle yoga session. St John Bosco Youth Centre, Drimnagh. 8 pm. Contact: Winnie 087 6197100
11. DUBLIN: (North Inner City) Hill Street FRC Parents and Toddlers Group – Walk from Centre to Dublin City Council Park, Blessington Street Basin, and back again. Leaving Centre at 10.30.
12. GALWAY: Breastlife, c/o Cancer Care West Drop-in Centre (087-6756230): Walkabout on the Prom, Salthill : Meet 2pm at Blackrock, Salthill, walk to Martin Connolly Causeway (entrance to Mutton Island) and back again.
13. LOUTH: Gary Kelly Centre, Georges St, Drogheda (086-8172914): “Exercise and Breast Health” – talk by cancer survivor Banban Goulding at 2pm, followed by tea/coffee
14. MAYO: Cara Iorrais, 2 Church St, Belmullet, Co Mayo (097…): Walkabout starting from centre of Belmullet 5-6pm.
15. OFFALY: Dochas, Teach Dochas, Offaly St., Tullamore (057…): Walk in Charleville Castle, Tullamore starting at 10am.
16. ROSCOMMON: Roscommon Women’s Network CDP, Unit 5, The Old Mill, Castlerea, Co Roscommon (094…): Meet at Old Mill before 1pm followed by walk through Demesne and around Castlerea and back to Old Mill.
17. SLIGO: Sligo Cancer Support Group 44 Wine St, Sligo (071-9170399): Open Day at centre with refreshments and information 10-4pm.
18. WATERFORD: St Brigid’s Family & Community Centre, 37 Lr Yellow Road, Waterford (051-375261): Information morning 10.30-12 noon – with information about breast health and the benefits of exercise and healthy lifestyle. A Breastcheck Promotion Screening Officer will be there to answer questions and talk about the service, how to be breast aware and registration for the programme. This will be followed by some light exercise.
19. WESTMEATH: LARCC, Ballinalack, Mullingar (044-9371971): Walk around Belvedere House and gardens 10 – 12am, followed by tea/coffee afterwards. Meet at Belvedere House before 10am.
20. WEXFORD: (Friday 16 October) (Enniscorthy) Hope Centre Swimming session, Enniscorthy Swimming Pool 3pm. Contact: Angela Travers 086 3758722
21. WICKLOW (Bray): Bray Cancer Support Centre 36b Main St, Bray (01-2866966): Walkabout starting 11am from Drop-In Centre down Main St onto Quinsboro Road, onto Promenade. Return via Sidmonton Road and back to Centre for refreshments. This should take 50-60 minutes.
22. WICKLOW (Enniskerry): Powerscourt Golf Club, Enniskerry: 9 hole shotgun competition starting at 9.45am followed by lunch at 12.30.