Saturday 12th May, 10 am – 6 pm
Cork City Hall, Terence McSwiney Quay, Ballintemple, Cork
Cork Vegfest, the biggest and best Irish vegan event of 2018 so far happens on May 12th.
A celebration of vegan food and lifestyle. Full of local food stalls providing the very best vegan cuisine all day.
Expect vegan cheeses, falafels, burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, chocolates, healthy salads, cakes and drinks. There’ll be cruelty free cosmetics and body care producers too. Diet and nutrition talks by experts, demo’s, performances & lots more!
A first for Cork Vegfest is our Vegan Athletes & Health Panel where attendees can talk with athletes about training, competing, diet and what drives them.
You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy the event! Everyone is welcome to try new foods, take a talk or hangout among a super friendly environment.
Tickets are on sale on Eventbrite.
Cork Vegfest is proudly sponsored by Umi Falafel, Cork.
Media Partners for Cork Vegfest 2018 are Yay Cork and All About Vegan Food.
“Vegfest is spearheaded by a dedicated group of people passionate about vegan living. That’s all it takes to bring about change.”
“The festival not only offered the opportunity to broaden one’s palette but it was also an interesting insight into veganism and how being conscious of the food you are consuming is only one aspect of leading a cruelty-free lifestyle.”
Cork Vegfest Speakers:
Dr Ailis Brosnan – Your Healthy Living Coach: Powered by Plants – the health benefits of a plant-based diet
Glauce Lucas – All About Vegan Food – Raising Vegan Children: We’re Doing It Right
Brett Cobley – EpiVegan – chef and activist
Nicole Matthews – Greyhound rescue and welfare campaigner
Conor Kerley (PhD, BSc, H. Dip., MINDI) – Ireland’s Plant Based Dietitian
Amy Colgan / Green Leafy Gael – Irish Youtuber & Vlogger
Vegan Athletes & Health Pannel:
Heather Gordon – Vegan ultra runner
Jessica Gresty – Vegan fitness model
Leonardo Venaas – Vegan athlete & youtuber
Michael Donohoe – Vegan acrobatic fitness coach
Cork Vegfest Music & Performances:
C.P. – Corkonian musician
Lambdancer – electronic music duo
Cork Vegfest Food Demo’s:
Virginia O’Gara / My Goodness:
Louise Kelly / I’m A Little Vegan
Christina Leopold / Addicted to Dates:
Tracey Ryan / Bia Beauty
- Vegan lifestyle is growing rapidly around the world with an estimated 7.5 million vegans in the USA as example.
- Figures for Ireland are not so available but the level of interest is very high and growing with more clearly labeled vegan friendly food products on the shop shelves meeting demand for healthier, more ethical products. Almost all high street food outlets offer tasty vegan menus.
- People adopt a vegan lifestyle for a number of reasons. Personal health is one of them; a vegan diet has been shown to be an effective way to reverse and prevent some of the killer diseases associated with a standard western lifestyle.
- People are hearing about the benefits of a vegan diet and lifestyle from stars like Miley Cyrus, Sia who are both vegans or Beyonce who recently launched a vegan delivery service in New York.
- Environmental concerns around deforestation, water pollution, food waste and Climate Change bring a lot of people to go vegan too. Animal agriculture is the number one cause of greenhouse gases causing climate change.
- Concern for the billions of animals used in our food systems is another reason.
- The demand for ethical cruelty free products is increasing in Ireland and around the world.
- Going vegan is a good practical solution to people’s concerns for their health, our planet and animals.
Erykah Badu – Singer
Liam Hemsworth – Actor
Miley Cyrus – Singer
Thandie Newton – Actor- Westworld
Rosanna Davison – Super model & writer
Kerry McCarthy – Shadow Agriculture Minister UK
Thich Nhat Hanh – Buddhist monk & author
Benjamin Zephaniah – writer & poet
Stella McCartney – Fashion Designer
James Cameron – Movie Director
Alicia Silverstone – Actor, writer
Joaquin Phoenix – Actor
Woody Harrelson – Actor
Samuel L. Jackson – Actor
Famous vegan athletes
Rich Roll – Ultra endurance
Brendan Brazier – Triathlon & ultra endurance
Matt Danzig – MMA
Scott Jurek – ultra endurance runner
Frank Medrano – body calisthenics
Nate Diaz- MMA
tainable-business/2014/nov/28/ business-and-entrepreneurs-sei ze-opportunities-in-rise-of-ve ganism
GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter /Vegetarian-Diets_UCM_306032_A rticle.jsp
m/2014/03/27/ethical-consumer- market-now-worth-54bn-in-the-u k-up-12-in-2012/