Christmas is just around the corner, with plenty of time to indulge in festive parties, office do’s and festive spirit. But Xmas is also a busy time and it’s hard to stay fit and healthy, and understandably fitness goals go out the window. It’s the reason most of us put a fitness regime into our New Year resolution after indulging during the season of goodwill.
Of course, we shouldn’t feel guilty about taking a break and eating those mince pies or having cheese and biscuits or chocolates, but if you want to stay fit during the festive season, leaving your self in a much better place by January. We’ve put together some tips on how to stay on track throughout the season of over-indulgence.
– Even if your sessions are much shorter, keep training, whether it be cycling, running, visiting the gym it’s important to maintain muscle tone and health and fitness levels. If you’ve had a festive meal or snacked on crisps or carbs see if you can squeeze in a training session after you’ve eaten, you’ll stay on track and it will compensate for the extra calories.
– Working out in the morning before any festive distractions will help to kick start the metabolism and burn more calories throughout the day.
– Avoid nibbles in between meals, control portion sizes, eat the right healthy foods filling up on fibre rich fruits and veggies like Brussel sprouts, kale, spinach and broccoli to help keep you full and curb overeating, they will also provide essential vitamins and nutrients to help you through the season.
– Drink more water, not only is hydration key to keeping your energy up it will help to stop you overeating.
– Sleep is so important. It’s good for your mind, stress levels and ensure you have enough energy to achieve your health and fitness goals. Try and relax by having a hot bath or spa session to help you drift off.
– Maintain your health and fitness levels, and support your immune system with a supplement like the TRR Nutrition PRO Advanced Collagen Daily Liquid Supplement has been formulated with key ingredients such as marine collagen, turmeric, glucosamine, hyaluronic acid and copper and vitamin C. These ingredients help support joint and bone health, the immune system and helps with energy levels when training and resting.
TRR Nutrition PRO Advanced Collagen Daily Liquid Supplement costs £38.99 (box of 10 x 50ml bottles) and is available to purchase from https://www.trrnutrition.com/gb/pro-advanced- collagen from 12th September 2019. 1 Copper and vitamin C contribute to the normal function of the immune system and to normal energy-yielding metabolism. Copper contributes to the maintenance of normal connective tissues. Vitamin C contribute to normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones and cartilage.