With a mission to ‘make healthy eating effortless and exciting’, Pimp My Salad offer an exciting new range of vegan and gluten free meal toppers.
Coconut Bacon, Cashew Parmesan and Activated Super Seeds will be available on Irish shop shelves from this autumn. Having been carefully created, by brand founders Olga and Alex, the toppers use only the best ingredients, sourced from ethical suppliers, and are vegan, gluten free and keto/paleo friendly. Each is made using slowly dried cooking techniques, to ensure the nutrients in their ingredients stay intact, and each sprinkle of topper adds extra goodness to breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It’s not all about nutrition however and ‘pimping your salad’ means you’ll have more fun in the kitchen, extra zing will be added to mealtimes and work lunches will become less boring.
Perhaps most importantly, the toppers’ unique flavours are exceptional and stand out in a bland and boring crowd with their boldness and substance:
Coconut Bacon combines coconut flakes with herbs, spices and a natural wood smoke to create a scrumptious crunchy bacon alternative that will satisfy any craving.
Cashew Parmesan Cheez uses raw cashews, sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, organic kale and lemon peel to produce a vibrant and punchy topping.
Activated Super Seeds mixes six seeds, including chia and poppy, with lively spices and tamari to ensure your taste buds won’t be disappointed.
The products in this exciting range are far more than ‘salad’ toppers. Whilst they bring a pop of crunch and bold flavours to salads, they also add an extra dimension to pizzas and pasta and a tasty burst of excitement to bowls of grains, veggies and soups…or they can be eaten straight from the jar as nutritious plant based snacks.
You don’t need any special recipes to experience the punchy flavours of Pimp My Salad toppers, simply sprinkle them on any meal to boost its taste and nutrients, but below are two of Olga’s firm favourites.
- 250g gluten free pasta of choice
- 125g canned corn kernels
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- Few cherry tomatoes (optional)
Ingredients for sauce
- 150ml plant milk (we used oat)
- 3 heaped tbsp Pimp My Salad Cashew Parmesan
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour (we used oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Pimp My Salad Coconut Bacon
- Cook pasta as instructed and drain.
- For the sauce, simply pour all sauce ingredients, except of the Coconut Bacon into a saucepan and whisk until creamy.
- Bring to the boil adding in your veggies and simmer for 2-5 mins. Add the sauce to your pasta and stir over low heat.
- Once everything is cooked, stir in Pimp My Salad Coconut Bacon, serve in bowls and top to taste with more Cashew Parmesan and Coconut Bacon! Enjoy!
BUDDHA BOWL TOPPED WITH SUPER SEEDS SPRINKLES
- 150g quinoa
- 450ml water
- 2 small sweet potatoes peeled and cut in cubes
- 250g mushrooms cut in quarters
- 3 tbsp grapeseed or pumpkin seed oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 handfuls of your favourite raw veggies (we used kale, cherry tomato and radishes)
- 3 tbsp Pimp My Salad Super Seeds
- Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, decrease the heat a bit to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Cook on low heat until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Arrange the mushrooms and the sweet potatoes in a roasting tray in a single layer, drizzle with 2 tbps of oil, and sprinkle with salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 15-20 mins.
- When you’re ready to serve, divide cooked quinoa, sweet potatoes, mushrooms and veggie mixtures into 2 bowls. Slice the avocado and add into the bowls.
- Lightly drizzle remaining oil over the bowls, generously sprinkle Super Seeds and serve. Enjoy!