It’s getting to that time of the year when bikinis makes an appearance and when it comes to bikini lines or pubic topiary, there’s a fine line between tidy and sexy and looking like a lap dancer! The latest hot trend in bikini line maintenance is the ‘Bermuda’. Yes, landing strips have been banished and in its place the Bermuda – a neat and tidy triangle that follows your natural shape is in and favoured by the high fashion set as Crystal Renn recently showcased recently in French Vogue.
Beauty maven, Marissa Carter talks about how to get in shape for the beach — and we’re not talking about body types! According to Marissa the new shapes are “the triangle”, “the upside-down triangle”, and “the au naturel”, which is essentially a tidied-up version of what ladies already have. The new rules for bikini waxing is when you lift your leg, there shouldn’t be any hair below the crease. Hair should be trimmed right before its natural curl and kept to your own natural shape, just much neater and much tidier.”
Carter Beauty use Waxperts Wax for intimate areas bringing waxing without the ‘ouch’. This high quality wax gently and effectively removes hair as short as 1mm.Once melted, the wax gives off a deliciously sensual lavender scent from aromatherapy essential oils. To ensure waxing is 100% pain-free, low temperatures are used and the wax is formulated with skin nurturing and conditioning ingredients which reduce likelihood of inflammation as well as soothing skin.
Carter Beauty Top Tips for Bikini Waxing
- Keep on top of your bikini wax appointments- every 4-6 weeks to keep pain to a minimum
- Get waxed at least 4 days before leaving for holidays
- If you are prone to irritated skin consult your doctor or pharmacist about taking antihistamines 1 hour before an appointment
- If you have a low pain threshold let the salon know when booking the appointment so they can book out extra time around the appointment so they can go at a slower pace during the appointment
- Avoid at home waxing as it can lead to ingrown hairs.
- Exfoliate before waxing using a non-oil and non-sea salt based exfoliator
- Trim hairs to 1 ½ cm before appointments
- Avoid bikini waxing during menstruation
- Take a cold shower before a waxing appointment
Carter Beauty Bermuda Wax is €45. Carter Beauty is based at 40 Main Street, Blackrock, Co. Dublin. www.carterbeauty.ie Tel: 01-2103624.