Are you planning a summer holiday but discouraged about not being in the best shape? Never fear, Myles and Giles are here! As co-founders of Mindful Chef, the healthy recipe box company, they make it easy for you to get beach-ready the healthy way. Here, Myles Hopper shares some of his expert tips as a personal trainer and nutritional coach:
- Have a plan – this is the first thing you should do whether your holiday is 12 weeks away or 2. People who have a plan and keep track of their progress are far more likely to succeed and reach their goals. It can be as simple as making sure you train 3 times a week or keeping track of what you eat.
- Cut down on the alcohol – not only is alcohol going to add a lot of unnecessary calories to your daily intake (which could promote fat gain) it can also have a negative effect on nutrient uptake. If you want to look and feel your best when you go on holiday try steering clear of the booze as much as possible for optimum body composition.
- Reduce carbohydrates & increase protein – by doing this you will encourage the body to look for an alternative source of fuel, in this case fat. An increased amount of lean protein will also increase the thermic effect of food which basically means how much energy we expend processing the food we eat.
- Do big compound movements – exercises like squats, deadlifts, push ups and pull ups (or inverted rows) all use some of the body’s bigger muscles. The net result of this is you are going to burn a lot of calories as well. Moving your body or lifting weights can also help you continue to burn calories throughout the day long after you’ve finished your workout.
- Sleep more – it’s probably the easiest thing we can do but most of us don’t do enough of it. Try and aim for at least 8 hours sleep a night. Your body performs lots of processes and recovers while you sleep. So if you want to look as good as possible for your holiday make sure you get an early nights rest.
Working with some of the UK’s best chefs and nutritionists to create a variety of recipes that are gluten-free and dairy-free, Mindful Chef’s easy-to-follow instructions take you from prep to plate in 30 minutes or less! They offer eight weekly changing recipes to choose from, with four containing fresh, locally sourced meat and fish, organic vegetables and delicious herbs and spices. Mindful Chef also caters for those who eat a meat-free diet, with four plant-based recipes available each week. The boxes are delivered to homes or offices in the UK free of charge.
This year, Mindful Chef also released their debut cookbook. Having already been named “the best healthy cookbook of 2017” (The Independent), it features 70 of their favourite “30-minute meals to get lean, reduce stress, increase energy levels and enjoy better sleep.”
Mindful Chef is more than a recipe box company. They understand your busy schedule, so they work hard to make it easier for you to maintain a healthier, more mindful way of life. Rain or shine, they want to help you look and feel your best!
WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
For more information see: www.mindfulchef.com
Instagram & Twitter: @MindfulChefUK