Garmin today released its 2023 Garmin Fitness Report, highlighting key fitness trends and exercise habits of its customers around the world. From tried-and-true activities like running, cycling and walking to increasingly popular hobbies such as Pilates, HIIT and tennis, users logged more of nearly every activity in Garmin Connect™ in 2023 compared to the previous year.
Here are some key takeaways from the 2023 report:
- The top five activities were: running, walking, cycling, strength training and indoor cardio.
- Customers logged 19% more activities using fitness equipment in 2023 with double-digit growth in strength training, stair climbing and elliptical activities.
- HIIT activities skyrocketed – up 112% year-over-year.
- Whether getting those miles in on foot or on two wheels, outdoor activities like walking, trail running, gravel cycling and e-bike riding rose to new levels.
- The tennis courts were a popular destination in 2023; Garmin customers spent more time practicing their serves and smashes, playing 76% more tennis over the previous year.
- A focus on mind, body and wellness was more apparent in 2023 as yoga, Pilates and breathwork activities all experienced double-digit growth.
Top 10 locales ranking and Garmin Connect Fitness Report
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionised life for runners, cyclists, swimmers and athletes of all levels and abilities. Committed to developing technology that helps people stay active and elevate performance, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. Visit the Garmin Newsroom, connect with @garminuk on social, or follow our blog.