1. Get out on March 1st (or as soon as you read this), complete 3 miles and time it.
2. Make a timetable for your walk/wog/jog schedule for the month and stick to it.
3. Do the same 3 miles on March 31st (or 30 days after you start) and see how much you’ve improved.
Carrie goes into more detail about the challenge on her blog gohealthfit.wordpress.com:-“Here’s a breakdown of what I think could be achieved by anyone who is willing to take on this 30 day challenge that I’ve aptly named Challenge 3.0. It will all be kicking off on March 1st, and the last challenge will be on March 31st, when we should be 30% better:
- If you start walking again, and it takes you 55 minutes to walk 3 miles on day 1, by day 31 you should be able to walk those 3 miles in under 40 minutes.
- If you wog 3 miles in 40 minutes, then at the end of March you will be able to jog those 3 miles in under 30 minutes
- If you jog 3 miles in 35 minutes, you will be able to achieve the 8 minute mile mark by end of March and do 3 miles in sub-25 minutes.
- For runners already doing under 30 min 3-milers (like me) I am going to take a percentage cut and go for 0.5% increase as running 3 miles in 17.5 to 21 minutes is Usain Bolt territory! So I will aim for 3 miles in 22 minutes – Eeek!! The fastest I’ve ever done is 23 mins 45 so this is a real challenge for me.”
Carrie has set up a Facebook group so girls all over the country (and beyond!) can get involved. The group is https://www.facebook.com/